"We have been breeders of exotic parrots since 1998. Dr Rich and staff are our first and only stop to make sure the breeders we buy are healthy. The professionalism of Dr Rich and his staff far exceed our expectations. Regardless the outcome of the exam we know we can trust the results and advice given by Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital of Louisiana. The clinic is always clean and the staff friendly. We highly recommend all clients set up an appointment to meet Dr Rich and/or Dr Pence. Don’t wait until it’s an emergency. Well visits are very important to maintain healthy happy animals. We are very fortunate to have such well respected, professional and caring exotic veterinarians in our area."
Tom and Tracey Loup
Avian and Exotic Pet Boarding
As our name suggests, Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital of Louisiana is the only veterinary clinic in the area to exclusively treat avian and exotic pets. To that end, we also provide specialized boarding services to your exotic friends. Our boarding facilities are temperature-controlled and designed for all sizes of avian, reptile, and small mammal pets. No pet is too big, small, or difficult for us to handle. Here is a list of the boarding amenities we offer:
- Avian boarding: For our macaws, cockatoos, and other large birds, we have seven 5x4x4 cages available for them to stay in. For our medium-sized birds, we have several 3x3x4 cages, and we also have numerous table-top cages available for our smaller birds.
- Rabbit and Guinea Pig Boarding: For our adorable furry friends, we have cages of many shapes and sizes available. We select them with only their comfort in mind.
- Reptile Boarding: For our reptilian friends, we give them their own reptile room to board in while you’re away. It’s equipped with UV lights and is kept between 80-85 degrees.
Pet GroomingIn addition to specialized boarding, we also provide bathing and grooming services for all avian and exotic pets. Here’s a list of what to expect when your pet comes to get pampered with us:
- Wing trimming
- Nail trimming and filing (for birds, small mammals, reptiles, and exotic pets)
- Spray baths for pet birds
- Bathing for ferrets
- Hair mat removal, brushing and combing for pet rabbits, pet ferrets and pet guinea pigs
- Bathing and grooming for rabbits and guinea pigs (when deemed necessary by our veterinarians)